Error Code -43 usually occurs as “The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found (Error code 43)” as a pop up on the screen in the MAC Operating System of versions 10.11 and 10.12 which are named as MAC OS X El Capitan and MAC OS Sierra. The error is a common type and can be solved in few simple and easy steps. In this article we will discuss about the Error Code -43 in MAC, what are the causes that make the Error Code -43 pop up and what is the solution to fix the Error Code -43 in MAC OS X El Capitan or MAC OS Sierra. So go through the article to find all the details related to the Error Code -43.
About the Mac Error Code -43:
This has been a question from majority of the MAC users who have installed the versions of MAC 10.11 (El Capitan) or MAC 10.12 (Sierra). Though MAC is a tough OS to crack in, there is no OS which is secure not to get infected. MAC Operating systems may also get infected and may be prone to some of the high level system malfunctioning. This is due to inappropriate maintenance of the MAC Operating System. So you need to take care of your MAC device software properties by making latest updates which mostly carry the bug fixes and required fixes to develop the previous versions, upgrading the system files time to time, uninstalling the software which is irrelevant, cleaning up the file leftovers like cache and cookies from time to time and similar performing similar tasks at a concerned period. There are many apps available in the store and online which can do all these things in a single click. This saves your time and the burden need to be performed going through a lengthy process. We would recommend you the MAC optimization tools like MacKeeper. It is an amazing app which acts like a tool and can perform all the above mentioned tasks. All you need to do is open the tool and click on optimize now. That’s it! The app will take good care of your Operating Systems regarding the software point of view and helps as a continuous system maintenance process at an appropriate time. Now coming back to topic about the Error Code -43 in MAC, we would like you to know the causes or operations that have been performed which makes the Error Code -43 to pop up and explain you the solution to fix the MAC Error Code -43.
Error Code -43 — Causes that pop up the Error Code -43:
The Error Code -43 is a common error that usually pops up in the operating systems of MAC versions 10.11 and 10.12 namely El Capitan and Sierra. There are many causes that make the error pop up but some of the major issues are listed below:
- This error or can be termed as bug check may appear due to an issue in the Hard disk
- The Error Code -43 may pop up during a file sharing to a non-existent share point
- Partial download of a particular file may also lead to the popping up of the Error Code -43 while the file is attempted to be moved, shared or deleted
- If the file or document is in use and the user is trying to move, share or delete it then also the Error Code -43 may pop up
- Some of the files may require the administrative permissions to carry out a task on them like editing, moving, copying, sharing or deleting. When such tasks are tried with the administrative protected files, then the Error Code -43 will pop up.
- Even if the file is locked and any task performed on the file will lead to the popping up of the Error Code -43 on your system.
These are just some of the causes where we have found out the popping up of the Error Code -43. There might be many other reasons for displaying up of the Error Code -43. As of now you have come to know about the Error Code -43. Now let us discuss about solving the problem that is fix Error Code -43 in Mac OS version 10.11 (MAC OS X El Capitan) or 10.12 (MAC OS Sierra) or any other version encountered with the Error Code -43.
How to Fix Error Code -43 mac — Step by step guide:
The fixing process of the Error Code -43 is similar to that of using a mobile phone during a hard reset. The difference is that this process will not remove or format your system. The process of fixing the Error code will be divided in to two parts namely resetting the PRAM (Parameter Random Access Memory) and deleting the locked files. The PRAM or P-RAM includes the display settings like screen resolution and colour depth, the time zone setting, speaker volume and the start-up volume choice. The system settings that are stored in the computer’s PRAM differ from Mac to Mac. But the purpose of the PRAM memory remains the same. Clearing the PRAM will help a lot if the system is behaving abnormally or there is a problem while booting up. If you have encountered the Error Code -43 or willing to know about the solution to fix the Error Code -43, then you should go through the following steps and perform them on your device running on MAC operating system:
Part 1 —Reset the PRAM of your MAC device:
- Turn off your computer normally in case you have encountered the Error Code -43.
- Make sure that you have located the 4 keys required to be pressed to reset the PRAM. The four keys are Command Key, Option Key (mostly Alt), the alphabet keys P and R.
- Now turn on the computer normally.
- The moment you hit the power button, hold the four keys, Command Key + Option Key + P + R all at a time.
- Do not release the keys until you hear the start-up sound for three times.
- Once you have heard the start-up tone for three times, release all the keys
- The PRAM of your system is reset and the process of resetting the PRAM has been carried out successfully.
- Go for the second part of deleting the locked files to complete fixing the Error Code -43.
Part 2 — Delete Locked Files on your MAC device:
- Navigate to the option “Applications”
- Now click on the “Utilities” and then select “Terminal”.
- After opening the Terminal section, type the characters in to the terminal field as
chflags -R nouchg
- Command the above mentioned letters on it
- Double click on the “Trash” icon which you can find at the bottom of the Dock
- Now press the keys “Command + A” to mark all the files available in the Trash
- Make the two windows i.e., window of the terminal and the Trash window side by side by minimizing them to facilitate dragging the items from one window to another.
- Drag all the files that you want to delete from the Trash window to the Terminal window.
- Once you have done dragging the items from the trash window to the terminal window, press the “Return” key available on the Terminal window and empty the Trash items
- This is how you can simply delete the locked files available on you MAC system
Hope you have solved the task of fixing the Error Code -43 through the above mentioned process. In case you have any doubts and queries, please go through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section to get them answered.
Frequently Asked Question / FAQ about Error code -43:
- What is the error “The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found (Error code -43)”?
- The error displayed as “The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found (Error code -43)” is a common error that is found popping on the screen in the MAC operating system versions 10.11 and 10.12 named as MAC OS X El Capitan and MAC OS Sierra respectively.
- Why does the Error Code -43 occur?
- The Error Code -43 may occur due to many reasons like due to an issue in the Hard disk, non-existing sharing point of a file, partial download of a particular file, the document is in use and is attempted to be moved, shared or deleted, having no permissions to manage certain files, the file is locked and protected etc.
- How can I fix the Error Code -43?
- The Error Code -43 on MAC can be fixed by resetting the PRAM and deleting the locked files available in the system. To know the step by step process of fixing the Error Code -43, go through the article.
- Will resetting the PRAM deletes my stored files on the system?
- Resetting the PRAM will help you clear the bugs by clearing the display settings like screen resolution and colour depth, the time zone setting, speaker volume and the start-up volume choice. This will not affect the data stored on your computer.
You may be interested in: